Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Construction

My second favorite choice is a construction contractor. I have always enjoyed building things. I loved to build anything from legos, to beds. Being a construction worker, is very hands on, active, and is something I would enjoy doing. I also like the business aspect of being a contractor. Being my own private contractor would have more responsibilities, but I believe it would be worth it. It would have more steps, and things that would need to be registered for. My mom has always said I would be a good business man. That may be true, but I don’t want to be the kind of business man who works behind a desk all day. Being a contractor would give me the responsibilities of being a business type man, but it would give me more of the activeness that I want in my career. Another reason for wanting to be a contractor, not just a construction worker, is the money. I know money is not the only thing, but it would give me a more stable job to support my family. My best friend in the whole world, who I have known since birth, has been working for a family friend, who runs a construction business. He has the experience and know how. My thought would be going into business with him. I am plan on trying to be able to work construction this summer for a family friend in the area. I tried last summer, but was too late. This would help me get experience and more know how to be able to create my construction business the right way. If I do choose this career choice, I plan on going to college for a business degree, and in the mean time working for some construction business. This will teach me what to do, and what not to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment